martes, 27 de enero de 2009

Esta vez .... Dickens, Charles

De David Copperfield http://www.online-literature.com/dickens/copperfield/

"(...)'You were speaking about its being a girl,' said Miss Betsey. 'I have no doubt it will be a girl. I have a presentiment that it must be a girl. Now child, from the moment of the birth of this girl -'

'Perhaps boy,' my mother took the liberty of putting in.

'I tell you I have a presentiment that it must be a girl,' returned Miss Betsey. 'Don't contradict. From the moment of this girl's birth, child, I intend to be her friend. I intend to be her godmother, and I beg you'll call her Betsey Trotwood Copperfield. There must be no mistakes in life with THIS Betsey Trotwood. There must be no trifling with HER affections, poor dear. She must be well brought up, and well guarded from reposing any foolish confidences where they are not deserved. I must make that MY care.'(...)"



De Dombey and Son http://www.online-literature.com/dickens/dombey/


" (...) `Papa! what's money?'

The abrupt question had such immediate reference to the subject of Mr. Dombey's thoughts, that Mr. Dombey was quite disconcerted.

`What is money, Paul?' he answered. `Money?'

`Yes,' said the child, laying his hands upon the elbows of his little chair, and turning the old face up towards Mr. Dombey's; `what is money?'

Mr. Dombey was in a difficulty. He would have liked to give him some explanation involving the terms circulating-medium, currency, depreciation of currency, paper, bullion, rates of exchange, value of precious metals in the market, and so forth; but looking down at the little chair, and seeing what a long way down it was, he answered: `Gold, and silver, and copper. Guineas, shillings, half-pence. You know what they are?'

`Oh yes, I know what they are,' said Paul. `I don't mean that, Papa. I mean what's money after all?'

Heaven and Earth, how old his face was as he turned it up again towards his father's! (...)"


De Great Expectations http://www.online-literature.com/dickens/greatexpectations/

"The pale young gentleman and I stood contemplating one another in Barnard's Inn, until we both burst out laughing. "The idea of its being you!" said he. "The idea of its being you!" said I. And then we contemplated one another afresh, and laughed again. "Well!" said the pale young gentleman, reaching out his hand goodhumouredly, "it's all over now, I hope, and it will be magnanimous in you if you'll forgive me for having knocked you about so."

I derived from this speech that Mr. Herbert Pocket (for Herbert was the pale young gentleman's name) still rather confounded his intention with his execution. But I made a modest reply, and we shook hands warmly. (...)"


-----

Sólo tenía ganas de Dickensear un poco.
Si alguien sabe cómo se pueden inventar semejantes personajes... no, nadie sabe.

1 comentario:

Pablo Mariosa dijo...

¿Cómo andás, Natalitus?

¡Gracias por visitar mi blog! Aunque lo más interesante de esto es conocer tu blog. ¿Por qué no me dijiste que tenías uno antes? Ay, ay, ay... jeje

Ya puse a bajar "August Rush", así que después te cuento. Desde que terminé de rendir finales, suelo ver una peli por día o día por medio. Estoy cinéfilo a full jajaja

Ahora me estoy yendo a trabajar, pero más tarde prometo dos cosas:

1) Finalmente, llamar a Kelly.

2) Leer más tranqui las entradas de tu blog.

Besooo,

Pablo